When you’re the only student of the teacher, chances are that you will learn Dutch faster. Tulip Education offers these private lessons for individuals or couples.
For people who do not live in or around our institute, we offer individual lessons by video call as well. This way it doesn’t matter if you live outside the Rotterdam area or even outside The Netherlands somewhere else in the world, you can still learn Dutch at Tulip Education.
Lessons in small groups have the advantage of being able to interact and practice with different people at the same time. For some people, the social aspect of learning together is much appreciated.
Especially for people who want to learn Dutch in groups of up to 4 students together, we offer the Intensive Courses Dutch. There are courses for all levels of Dutch. These courses start every two weeks.
For groups, tailor-made courses are also possible.
Our institute offers Civic Integration courses (“Inburgering”), not only via private or small group lessons, but also via small classes for students who make use of a DUO loan to pay for their Inburgering lessons. Our DUO Inburgering classes will prepare you for your Inburgering exams.
The payment for this course will be settled directly between Tulp Educatie and DUO.
Tulp Educatie offers corporate classes on-site. Co-workers do not need to travel after work to a language institute but can attend the lessons in their own office and work environment. During the courses, we will focus on the specific language skills needed in your company.
These in-house corporate lessons can be taught to groups with a maximum of proximally 10 students at a time. By limiting the group size, we make sure everyone gets the required personal attention.
The Common European Framework divides learners into three broad divisions that can be divided into six levels; for each level, it describes what a learner is supposed to be able to do in reading, listening, speaking, and writing.
These levels are:
- A1 Basic user
- A2 Basic user
- B1 Independent user
- B2 Independent user
- C1 Proficient user
- C2 Proficient user
Breakthrough or beginner
• Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
• Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
• Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Way stage or elementary
• Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
• Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
• Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Threshold or intermediate
• Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
• Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
• Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
• Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Vantage or upper intermediate
• Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization.
• Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
• Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Effective Operational Proficiency or advanced
• Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
• Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
• Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
• Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Mastery or proficiency
• Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
• Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
• Can express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
Tulp Edcuatie is proud for being awarded the Blik op werk certification.
per hour, per student
Up to 4 students
Two weeks, 600.- euro
per 30 hours, per student
Up to 10 students
per hour, per student
per hour, all in